Matte Kitchen Countertops: What You Should Know Before Making a Choice
The difference between matte kitchen countertops and glossy surfaces is crystal clear, as is the difference between matte and glossy paint and even matte and glossy makeup at the cosmetics counter. Matte finishes can add an elegant, soothing appeal to your kitchen, and they’re certainly trendy today.
However, there are a few pros and cons to consider before incorporating this look into your kitchen renovation.
Benefits of Matte Kitchen Countertops
- A matte finish can appear calm, creating a soothing effect that can balance the busier elements of the rest of your home design.
- Matte kitchen countertops appear clean, allowing you more time to enjoy your home rather than constantly cleaning it.
- The countertops are trendy today.
- Because you can get matte countertops in solid colors, they tend to match beautifully with other colors and materials in your kitchen.
- Matte finishes add an appealing texture to your countertops.
Downfalls to Consider
- Matte kitchen countertops are like the color black: just because you don’t see the stains, it doesn’t mean they’re not there. Essentially, a glossy countertop may actually be cleaner because you’re likely to clean it more often.
- When you do try to clean matte countertops, the chore might be more difficult.
- If you have a small kitchen, matte countertops won’t do you any favors. Just like a mirror may make a small bathroom appear larger, glossier countertops will likely make your kitchen look bigger.
- Matte countertops are not as readily available.
If you’re planning to redesign your kitchen and want to know what countertops styles are best for you, contact one of our designers in Mesa, Arizona. We can set up a time for you to come in and see the many options available to you.