So you’re finally ready to renovate your kitchen? We’re excited for you, and we’re confident you’ll be thrilled with the results! At this moment, though, you probably have tons of questions swirling around in your head, and that’s OK. It’s important to ask your kitchen design consultant all the questions you need answers to, just to make sure you’re making the right decisions before beginning the process.
Questions You Should Ask Your Kitchen Design Consultant
In order to find the right kitchen design consultant for you, it’s important to talk with several designers and consider all your options.
Before you begin comparison shopping, be sure to determine what factors are most important to you when it comes to your kitchen redesign. The business that answers the most significant questions to your satisfaction is probably the right one for you.
Following are some of the questions you should consider asking, depending on the results you want to see.
1. How much is this going to cost? How do we pay you? Do you offer a payment plan?
2. How long will this take? How disruptive will this be, especially to my young children and pets?
3. What types of kitchen countertop surfaces would you recommend and why?
4. What types of kitchen flooring would you recommend and why?
5. How important is a backsplash, and can you help me design it in a way that makes the kitchen really stand out?
6. What are the best methods of cleaning the countertops, kitchen cabinets, backsplash, floor tiles, and windows to ensure that they don’t get ruined by water or chemicals?
7. What warranties do you offer?
8. We are on a budget, but we’ve heard that home renovation projects sometimes have cost overruns due to unexpected factors that are discovered during the course of the project. How often does this happen? How much of a contingency fund should we set aside? Will you assure us that you’re doing everything it takes to keep this from happening?
9. What days and hours do you expect to be in our home? Does someone need to be here with you at all times? If so, can you accommodate our schedule?
10. What is trendy in kitchen design these days? Can you suggest color patterns that will mesh well with our particular kitchen? What about accents and other custom features? I trust your impeccable design skills, so what do you personally like best?
11. We definitely want a kitchen island. There’s no doubt about that, so can you give us some suggestions about where it should go and how it should appear?
12. Can we add a spice kitchen?
13. Can you design an outdoor kitchen for us?
14. We don’t want a basic oven with a stovetop. We want it all: a stovetop grill, multiple burners, and more. What are your recommendations?
15. Where is the best place for a dishwasher? To the left of the sink or to the right?
Come See Us!
As you’re meeting with one of our kitchen design consultants, ask all the questions you need to ask. Don’t worry. We’ve heard them all. In fact, we’ll probably give you answers to questions you never knew to ask!
Call us to set an appointment to speak with one of our consultants, and we’ll go over it all with you step by step. Until then, see our blog page for more kitchen design tips.